Waivers are a standard practice when it comes to Escape rooms, some of us even require it for insurance purposes. The scenarios designed here at Escape Ops are not meant to be dangerous. No one is ever physically locked in a room, there is always a door that requires no special key or gimmick to safely exit. This waiver is apart of the terms and conditions on our integrated checkout page.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Escape Ops may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
We may need your information display content on the Site correctly.
- To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on January 07, 2018
LIABILITY WAIVER, HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT, AND GENERAL CONSENT AGREEMENT
1. I hereby understand and acknowledge that the exercises, programs, and events held by, administered, written, endorsed, discussed, and/or recommended by Escape Ops, located at Bay #3 700 33rd Street NE Calgary, Alberta Canada T2A 5N9, or any of its agents, employees, or owners, including An Le, collectively herein known as RELEASEES, may expose me to many inherent risks, including accidents, injuries (mental and physical), illness, or even death. I assume all risk of injuries associated with such participation, including, but not limited to, falls, physical injuries, mental trauma and psychological injuries, contact with other participants, exhaustion, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, loss or damage to property owned by me, and all other such risks, whether known or unknown.
2. I hereby acknowledge my responsibility in communicating any physical and psychological concerns that might conflict with my participation in any activity or exercises. I also acknowledge that I am physically fit and mentally capable of performing the exercises I choose to participate in. I understand the risks involved with the exercises, the physical and intellectual challenges involved, and that I can halt the exercises at any time. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage, or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such activities, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
3. I understand that the exercises I may participate in may involve physical, intellectual, and team-building exercises that are designed to try to help me self-process in order for me to try to find a way out of the room and escape.
4. I understand that Escape Ops may allow minors to participate. If my minor participates in a session, I fully acknowledge, as their legal guardian, that I assume full responsibility for their physical and mental well-being and that I disavow any claims, torts, or causes of action against Escape Ops.
5. After having read this waiver and knowing these facts, and in consideration of acceptance of my participation with Escape Ops, I agree, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf or that I am guardian over who I allow to participate, to HOLD HARMLESS, WAIVE, INDEMNIFY, AND RELEASE Escape Ops or any of its officers, agents, employees, organizers, representatives, and successors from any responsibility, liabilities, demands, or claims of any kind arising out of my participation with Escape Ops or any of the exercises, programs, and/or events.
6. In addition, I agree to hold harmless and indemnify Escape Ops from any and all claims that result from the negligence or actions from the other guests or participants involved with Escape Ops This includes any and all claims, torts, actions, including intentional, omissions, or acts of negligence.
7. I hereby grant Escape Ops permission to use my likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media (“photo”) in any and all of its publications, including web-based publications, without payment or other consideration.
8. I also agree that I will consent to any and all rules and regulations of Escape Ops and that I will assume all responsibility for any/all liability, both known and unknown, that may happen on the property. This includes assuming liability for any financial loss or damage that I cause to any props and/or decor within the game rooms.
9. I understand that this entire agreement applies to both myself and/or any minor that I am allowing to participate, of which I am their parent or legal guardian equivalent and speak on their behalf.
10. It is my express intent that this Waiver, Hold Harmless, and General Consent Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Alberta, Canada and that any mediation, suit, or other proceeding must be filed or entered into only in Alberta, Canada, even if I am domiciled outside that jurisdiction. Any portion of this document deemed unlawful or unenforceable is severable and shall be stricken without any effect on the enforceability of the remaining provisions.
I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Wavier of Liability, Hold Harmless, and General Consent Agreement, understand it and accept it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
Or, I acknowledge that I am the legal guardian of a minor who will be involved as a participant in Escape Ops, and as their legal guardian, I assume full responsibility for their well-being and agree to the Agreement above on their behalf.